HCC Mission Statement
- Provide leadership, to represent and to promote the business, professional, agricultural and industrial segments of the community;
- To enhance the quality of life for the citizens of the county and its visitors;
- To be a repository for information;
- To promote recreation and tourism opportunities; and
- To support an environment for historic understanding and preservation while fostering a positive future for all Hardy County citizens.
The HCC office is located at 122 N. Main Street, Moorefield, WV 26836 (across from McCoy’s Grand Theater). Office hours are from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. weekdays. To schedule a meeting outside of the regular office hours, call 304-530-1786.
The Hardy County Chamber maintains a number of committees that help the HCC achieve its mission of creating a vibrant commercial climate for an improved quality of life in Hardy County.
Members are strongly encouraged to have a representative from their organization to serve on a committee. Through active member input programs and activities can be developed to meet the needs of our business community.
The purpose of the Retail Committee is to build a stronger bond between retailers and work toward creating a stronger retail environment in Hardy County.
- Organizing & implementing “A Hardy County Christmas”
- Organizing & implementing “Hardy County Shop Hop”
- Connecting with new & existing county businesses to learn business district news
- Considering countywide retail programs and seminars designed to improve retail trade
The purpose of the Membership Committee is to identify and reach out to new and existing members to gather ideas and information that will expand the HCC and promote a health business climate in Hardy County.
- Participating in membership drives and regular outreach to non-members
- Interacting regularly with current members to identify business needs and desires
- Ensuring the development of membership by encouraging participation in committees and events
- Organizing & implementing a Chamber 101 introductory program for new members
The purpose of the Legislative Committee is to maintain relationships with various governmental departments, agencies and elected officials in order to keep them informed of the concerns and issues of the Chamber and its membership.
Identifying issues of importance to the business community and communicating the Chamber’s positions on these issues to the elected officials and community organizations
Organizing and implementing forums, such as Legislative Breakfasts, that foster open communications between the business community, elected officials and other community organizations
Identifying and developing opportunities that will guide the Chamber Board in advocating for policies and procedures that strengthen the business climate in Hardy County and allow for increased business retention and expansion
Public Relations Committee
The purpose of the Communications Committee is to develop methods and programs that increase the Chamber’s visibility in the community, build the image of the Chamber as a quality organization that supports Hardy County businesses, and provide the Chamber and its members with ideas and tools for successful communications strategies.
Directing the publication of the Chamber newsletter, website and any other communications between the Chamber and its members
Identifying and providing for any other communications or public relations devices that further a positive image of the business community and the Chamber
Working with other committees to promote Chamber events
Relaying public attitudes and information to the Chamber, to ensure that the HCC maximizes any opportunity to support businesses or address issues
Identifying audiences to be reached by the Chamber, and establishing communications with those audiences
Women Making Change Committee
The purpose of the Women Making Change Committee is to create a network of business women in the county who can pool their resources and talents to support and enhance the community and their mutual success. More to come….